Friday, July 13, 2012

A Westwood Classic...

Diddy Reise. Those two words bring a song of joy into my heart. Over the past 1.5 weeks, Josh and I have been there four times. It is part comfort food, part freaking delicious.


Diddy Reise is proof that once again, a simple menu, with quality ingredients will always win. Oh, and being inexpensive doesn't hurt either.

They are most famous for their cookie ice cream sandwiches, which are only $1.75 each. Patrons get to choose which two cookies they want (yes, you can choose two different cookies!) and what flavor of ice cream. Sounds simple, but this combination is so great when you have Dryer's ice cream and cookies that taste great by themselves. So, since we have had already gone four times, I have had four different cookie/ice cream combinations. Here they are:
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie - Espresso Chip Ice Cream - Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie  - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream - Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookie
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream - Candy Chocolate Chip Cookie
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie - Rocky Road Ice Cream -  Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie

Well, there seems to be a common theme in my selections, and that's because their chocolate chip cookies are just so good and so chocolatey. I just don't think I could get an ice cream sandwich without one. 




Although I'm a chocolate fan, they also have snickerdoodles and peanut butter cookies as an option... maybe someday I'll branch out. ;) 

Diddy Reise also has a few varieties of brownies. We bought the day old package of brownies. It was only $2.50... how could we pass that up?? And they have snow cones, which you can also get with ice cream. AHHH! That's how I like my snow cones... with ice cream on the bottom. Mmmm mmm. 

And on top of it all, you can get a glass of milk. Could this place get any better? Nope. 

Now, the first time I drove past Diddy Reise the line was out of the store and all the way to the corner of the street. The inside of the store is not meant for hanging around, so even if there is a line of five people, you'll be standing outside the door. My tip, based on my past experience, is to go earlier rather than later. If you go past 8 pm, you could easily be waiting 15-30 minutes for your sweet treat. So, if you have to have dessert before dinner... the sacrifice is well worth it. :)

The stuff dreams are made of.

Enjoy!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment